Pinhole surgical technique
The Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST), is a no-scalpel suture-free procedure for correcting gum recession. Through a small hole made by a needle, the specialists at Inova Dental create a small point of entry into the gum tissue near the affected area. Through this opening, they will use specialized instruments allowing them to loosen the tissue in order to reposition it correctly in the right place on the tooth. Bands of collagen will then be placed to facilitate the healing process. Since there is no cut, patients experience minimal postoperative symptoms.
CLINICAL SITUATIONS REQUIRING TREATMENT ARE:
- When the quantity and quality of keratinized gingiva is inadequate
- when there is uncontrollable dentin hypersensitivity
- when the recession causes a cosmetic problem
- when the quantity and quality of keratinized gingiva is inadequate before starting orthodontic treatment. This will depend on the quality of the keratinized gingiva and the direction of movement of the tooth generated by the orthodontic appliance.
- When the keratinized gum is of poor quality before making dental restorations (fillings, crowns, veneers, dental implants